The crew desk realizes the importance of reserve move up lines to the flight attendants and the company. The information on move up lines can be found in the contract in Section 5.A.10. Per the contract between the first and fifth of the bid month additional lines may be constructed from vacation drops, month-to month adjustment and any remaining open time. The crew desk will publish the move up list in CCS 48-hours prior (or sooner) to the first day of the bid month. When constructing the move-up lines the crew desk will generally follow these guidelines:
- The company will identify the top 15% of the reserve population for each base. This percentage is simply a target as there are several factors that could prevent the crew desk from building this number of move-up lines such as weather, operational considerations, irregular operations, insufficient open time and special qualifications. In addition, there are periods where additional move up lines can be constructed.
- Move-up lines are constructed during the 1st through the 5th days of the bid month.
- Flight attendants must plan to build lines to the awarded reserve line credit, unless otherwise directed.
- Flight attendants may be required to cover each day on reserve. If a flight attendant is scheduled to work weekends and holidays, these days must also be covered. The company is not contractually obligated to honor any days off that are a result of a trade. In some cases, based on trip availability (open time), a flight attendant may be required to surrender days off in order to meet minimum line value if the flight attendant wants a move up line.
- Training hours do not count toward your monthly minimum
- Any sick days taken in the current month will reduce the line value by 4 hours.
- AAU and trip hours already flown in the month will count toward the line value.
- Flight attendants who sit reserve unassigned will be credited 4 hours for each reserve day prior to being released to their move up line.
- Once the decision is made to build a move up line crew desk will call all numbers listed and leave a message. If the flight attendant is unavailable, the crew desk will wait approximately 20 minutes before building the move up line and moving to the next flight attendant in seniority order.
- If a flight attendant is unavailable due to flying or down line and not reachable, scheduling will build the line and move to the next flight attendant.
- Towards the end of the process the crew desk will not be able to contact each flight attendant concerning their move up line. However, please remember each flight attendant that receives a move up line can elect to accept or decline the line.
- The crew desk will attempt to update the reserve move up list in CCS once a day for each base.
- If the crew desk is able to construct additional move up lines the target percentage will be increased.
Crew Desk Move-Up Line Suggestions
- Flight attendants should have multiple trips picked out covering the days they need to cover, in case their first choice is no longer in open time.
- Please have enough trips and hours to reach minimum that is required for the move up.
- If dates are given by Scheduling that are “must cover” days, the flight attendant must cover those days. (Flight attendants are free to try to trade trips after they have been released to their line.